20090921

Home Again

Well it's been about 9 days since my return to Hawaii, and holy shit did I miss it. Coming home, Didie dropped all sorts of goodies on me. The first night I was back she had a Wii, Wii Sports, some business cards, and even the camera I bought wrapped as presents for me on the table.

The camera is a Sony a700, I bought it on eBay for $830--which is actually a pretty good deal seeing as it was mint with the kit lens and remote and all that. I think the 2nd night I was back we went to Ala Moana shopping center and bought a 50mm Prime lens at Ritz Camera. I hate Ritz, they mostly only have Canikon stuff in stock. No love for Sony/Minolta.

Didie's friend Ryan was here when I got back, it wasn't as awkward as I thought it'd be. We still had plenty of sex (me and Didie). Me and Ryan went to Kuoloa Ranch (Didie had to work), I got to ride a fucking huge horse named Michelin that weighed about 2000 lbs. We also got to do the bus tour that stops by all the movie sights, to include the Jurassic Park area where the Gallimimus stampeded happened in the movie. I'll post pictures eventually after I finish editing.

With all of this awesomeness, I find myself overwhelmed with things to do. Between my Wii, PS3, XBOX 360, PSP, DS, camera and artwork that inevitably needs to get done--I won't be bored any time soon. Not to mention all of the beach hopping I'll be doing. Didie, Charlie and I went to the beach for the first time on Saturday. It was so fun! I miss the ocean so much. It's gonna be bitter sweet leaving Hawaii. Sweet because I'm getting out of the Marine Corps--but bitter because Hawaii is so beautiful and I do love it dearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am an 0351 Assaultman serving as a Combat Artist, I have a beautiful wife in Hawaii and a dog named Charlie--as well as a Gato named Gato.

The Combat Artist

The Combat Artist
Combat art in the process!

Followers

My name is Max.

I am a United States Marine, formerly of the infantry type. 0351 Assaultman to be exact.

Though still in my infantry battalion, I now serve as a combat artist and photographer--currently in Iraq.

I've been an artist my whole life, if I had to pick a favorite I'd say I love drawing and painting zombies the most. Something about their mindless expressions and interesting motions is very appealing to me.

Photography is something that's relatively new to me, though I do enjoy it quite a bit and I'm looking forward to practicing more.